Portfolio, An Update

I was making significant progress during this last portion of 2015. With the Early Decision results announced, I could take the burden of writing more college essays off my shoulder and concentrate solely on my drawing. Besides class time, the after-school art session gave me an roughly extra ninety minutes of studio time per day. After staring at Pablo for countless hours and at least ten pieces of rough charcoal …

Portfolio, Next Move

What I finally did with my new piece was that I merged rib cage, lung, and a ladybug together. Bones replaced the outer shell of a ladybug, and two pieces of lung became the wings. The finished drawing with ink turned out to be fine, but again I struggled with what to put in the background. I did not think beforehand what kind of setting this mutated ladybug would be in but just …